Amazon fba box size limit, Amazon FBA has strict requirements on the appearance of goods. This article describes 2023 Amazon FBA Spec Limits
Amazon fulfillment center is Each box of goods must be visually inspected for obvious damage and deformation before shipment and storage. If the outer packaging is damaged and deformed, and the label is blurred, it is recommended to deal with it immediately.
Origin label: FBA requires the outer box to be labeled with the national standard, and the national standard size is 4 square centimeters. The country of origin label is usually affixed to the upper right corner of the narrow side of each product carton
FBA label: The FBA label is the outer box identification of the product when it is received at Amazon’s warehouse. It consists of FBA information and Code 128 barcode. FBA tags are generated in Amazon’s system. Usually there are 1, 4 or 6 FBA tags in a PDF in A4 layout.
Amazon Box Sizes
- Amazon FBA Box Size Limit
- Why Pay Attention To Amazon FBA Packaging Restrictions?
- What Are Amazon’s Guidelines For The Weight Of An FBA Box?
- Amazon US FBA Box Size And Weight Requirements
- Amazon Europe FBA Box Size And Weight Requirements
- Amazon Japan FBA Box Size And Weight Requirements
- Why Limit The Size Of The Packaging Box?
- Amazon Box Sizes Chart
- The size of any side of the carton cannot exceed 63.5 cm, unless the size of a single shipment exceeds 63.5 cm. Cartons over 63.5 cm in size (e.g. non-transportable) must be placed on standard 1000 x 1250 mm pallets (UK only) or 800 x 1200 mm pallets (other European countries), unless a single shippable carton The size exceeds the standard pallet size.
- The size of the carton is selected to ensure the least free space after the goods are placed. Space utilization can also be maximized (as long as the products are not damaged) by using multiple packages in a single case.
- Cartons that are determined to be sold together (for example: sets) weighing more than 30 kg must be placed on a single pallet (one sold product corresponds to one pallet) and need to be placed on all four sides of the carton 9) Cartons sold in a single piece Commodities (such as furniture) weighing more than 30 kg usually need to be palletized. Warning labels must be placed in appropriate locations on all four sides of the carton.
- FBA requires the national standard to be pasted on the outer box; in order to distinguish the goods. The international style and color shall be implemented in accordance with the requirements of the document “National Flag Stickers 9.18 (CS4) Transition (1)”. The size of the British FBA headway national standard is a square with a side length of 4cm. The national standard is pasted on the upper right corner of the narrow side of each box of goods, two.
At the same time, everyone should also pay attention to packing the goods with cardboard boxes to avoid unnecessary losses caused by damage to the products during transportation.
Everyone must pack the goods in accordance with the requirements of Amazon FBA for boxes. If they do not meet the requirements, they may be returned by the warehouse. The return fee generated will be borne by the seller, and unnecessary expenses will be incurred. Pay attention.
Of course, you can also choose an Amazon freight forwarder in China. They will tell you the specific packaging requirements, so that many unnecessary problems can be avoided.
Why Pay Attention To Amazon FBA Packaging Restrictions?
Providing box content information improves Amazon inventory management and helps your products sell faster. It is important to provide carton content information and follow these guidelines:
Each crate can only contain inventory from one shipment ID. You may not combine items from multiple shipments in the same box.
You can find the shipment number on the Shipment Summary page.
Make sure the shipment details listed in your seller account match the actual shipment to the fulfillment center:
- Health status
- Packaging options (individually packaged or boxed)
If the weight exceeds 15kg, “Overweight” must be written on the top and side of the outer box.
Packages must be less than 50cm long x 60cm wide x 50cm high and weigh less than 30kg. If this requirement is not met, Amazon will not accept delivery.
The above requirements do not apply to oversized and overweight packages, but each package can only contain one item.
If the shipping box is provided by the manufacturer, the size requirement is an exception, but the box must be clearly identifiable as the manufacturer’s shipping box.
What Are Amazon’s Guidelines For The Weight Of An FBA Box?
Amazon’s guidelines for the weight, Amazon warehouse requirements vary by country
Amazon US FBA Box Size And Weight Requirements
Amazon US FBA Single Box Size Requirements
- A single box is required to be no longer than 25.00 inches (ie less than 63.50 cm) on any side.
- Boxes may exceed 25.00 inches unless the length of a single item contained in the box is greater than 25.00 inches.
- If the length of a single item is less than 25.00 inches, whether intentional or not, sending oversized cartons to Amazon’s FBA warehouse may result in Amazon prohibiting you from shipping to FBA fulfillment centers in the future.
- Size conversion reference (retain two decimal places):
1.00 inches (in) = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
25.00 inches (in) = 63.50 centimeters (cm)
Amazon US FBA Single Box Weight Requirements
- The total weight of a single box is required not to exceed 50.00 lbs (ie less than 22.50 kg).
- Unless the weight of a single item is greater than 50.00 pounds, the box can exceed 50.00 pounds: First, if the weight of a single item exceeds 50.00 pounds, a Team Lift label is required; second, if the weight of a single item exceeds 100.00 pounds, it is required to be affixed with Mechanical Lift label.
- If the product contains jewelry or timepieces, the box must not exceed 40.00 pounds (ie, less than 18.00 kilograms).
- If the weight exceeds the standard and is not labeled as required, you may be required to pay additional fees, reject, discard, return or restrict future shipments to the FBA operation center, etc.
- Weight conversion reference (retain two decimal places):
1.00 pounds (lb) = 0.45 kilograms (kg)
50.00 pounds (lb) = 22.50 kilograms (kg)
Amazon Europe FBA Box Size And Weight Requirements
Amazon Europe FBA Single Box Size Requirements
- The length of any side of the box is required to be less than 63.5 cm, for boxes containing multiple standard-sized products.
- The box may exceed 63.5cm unless the box contains bulky items longer than 63.5cm.
- In addition, if the packaging box is much larger than the size of the bulky product, there may be restrictions on the transportation authority, additional fees need to be paid, or it will be rejected by the operation center.
Amazon Europe FBA Single Box Weight Requirements
- The total weight of a single box is required to be less than the standard weight limit of 23kg.
- Unless the box contains a single product weighing more than 23kg, the box can exceed 23kg, but requires a Heavy Package label.
- If the total weight of a single box is between 15kg and 23kg, the Heavy Package label should be attached, that is to say, as long as the single box weighs more than 15kg, the overweight label should be attached.
- If the unilateral length exceeds 63.5 cm, such as furniture and other oversized products, there are also relevant requirements for the tray size that must be used in Europe.
European FBA only accepts the following types of pallets:
All European countries Pallet size: 800mmx1200mm
UK only tray size: 1000mmx1200mm
The height of the tray when stacked in a single layer: must not exceed 180cm
The total weight of a pallet: no more than 500KG
Amazon Japan FBA Box Size And Weight Requirements
Amazon Japan FBA Single Box Size Requirements
- For boxes containing multiple standard-sized items, Amazon
- Its size is required to be within the range of 60cmx50cmx50cm.
Amazon Japan FBA Single Box Weight Requirements
- The total weight of a single box is required to be less than the weight limit of 40kg, so as not to be rejected by the Amazon warehouse or incur additional charges.
- It is required that the weight of a single box between 15kg-30kg should be affixed with a heavy-duty package label. This is similar to the UK, where a single box larger than 15kg must be labeled as overweight.
Anyway, the box size and weight requirements for FBA shipments from different Amazon sites and countries are slightly different. For details, you can search for (Box weight) and (Box dimensions) in Amazon-Shipping and routing requirements.
Why Limit The Size Of The Packaging Box?
Amazon FBA employees are hard-working individuals who ensure and oversee the sorting, quarantining and processing of millions of packages every day.
They have to move a lot of cargo, and for their safety, companies put caps on the size and weight of boxes.
In fact, Amazon’s box guidelines ensure that suppliers put the weight of the box on the label. Additionally, suppliers are required to label these boxes as “team lifts” or “mechanical lifts” if the package’s weight exceeds a certain threshold. Therefore, there should be no risk to any employee at any time during transportation.
Boxes smaller than 25 inches are easier for employees to carry, and there will be no surprises during Amazon FBA processing.
Amazon Box Sizes Chart
|Amazon Box Size||Length (inches)||Width (inches)||Height (inches)||Volume (inches)|
|A1 (BH0, BY0, BYO)||10||7||3.25||227|
|A3 (BH1, BY1)||10||7||5.25||367|
|1AD (BY8, BND)||13.5||9.5||3.5||449|
|1B4 (B4D, BFD)||17.75||14.25||8.25||2086|
|1B9 (B4E, BFE)||18.25||9||9||1478|
|1BA (B4F, BFF)||19||12.25||11.25||2618|
|1BB (B4G, BFG)||19.25||14.75||12.25||3478|
|N3 (B41, BF1, BJ0)||16.25||12||5.25||1023|
|U1 (BCS – B7T)||40||10||5.5||2200|
The key to this success must be the smooth running of the business to ensure that it does not create difficulties for the buyer or seller.
Amazon empowers countless sellers in a simple and elegant way to do business anywhere in the world. However, suppliers must adhere to some guidelines established by Amazon in order to take advantage of the aforementioned offers.
Amazon FBA is one of the company’s broadest and most comprehensive services and falls under several seller policies.
Whenever a company sends inventory to a specific Amazon fulfillment center, they must follow the company’s packaging and labeling guidelines. Amazon has detailed its needs in terms of packaging. It is then the responsibility of each supplier to comply with these conditions.
Each box shipped to Amazon must be smaller than 25 inches, except for items larger than this size. Additionally, standard size multi-item boxes cannot exceed 50 lbs.
Any crate over this weight must carry one item. These guidelines are designed to ensure the safety of each shipment. More importantly, they protect any Amazon employee working to deliver the item.
Amazon designed these terms of service to create a fail-safe and foolproof system for delivering products to buyers. The company has had great success in this regard.
Shipping Services China To USA Amazon FBA
Shipping To Amazon FBA UK From China
China Amazon FBA Freight Forwarder Shipping From China To USA
FBA Amazon Shipping Service In China
China FBA Amazon shipping service
Amazon FBA freight forwarder shipping from china to usa agent
Shipping From China To Amazon FBA UK
Shipping From China To Amazon FBA Canada
Shipping directly to amazon fba from china
What size box can I ship to Amazon FBA? ›
A box's dimensions on any single side must not exceed 25 inches, and it shouldn't weigh more than 50 pounds (in total). Packaging materials are limited to polyethylene foam sheets, bubble wrapping, and a full sheet of paper.How does Amazon FBA measure box dimensions? ›
Determine the package dimensions in inches or centimetres. For each dimension, measure at the longest point, rounding each measurement to the next whole number (for example, 1.01 to 1.99 will be considered 2). Measure the length, width and height of the package at its extreme points.
Boxes containing multiple standard-size items must not exceed 25 inches on any side. The limit may be exceeded if the box contains oversize units that measure longer than 25 inches. Boxes may not exceed the standard weight limit of 50 lbs unless they contain one single oversized item that exceeds 50 lbs.What is FBA standard-size? ›
The dimension of standard-size products shouldn't be more than 15″ x 12″ x 0.75″. The dimension of oversize products is larger than 18” x 14” x 8”.How do you calculate box size for shipping? ›
To calculate the size of a box, you need to measure the length, width, and height of the box. Multiply the three measurements together to get the volume of the box in cubic units.Does box size Matter shipping? ›
It might seem harmless, but just one little inch can make a big difference in what you pay for shipping. Many shippers underestimate the effects of their package dimensions on their final bill. It's no wonder — no one ever said decoding a carrier guide was easy.What should be the dimensions of the box? ›
The dimensions of a box formula is pretty straightforward: length x width x height. This format is also what your product packaging provider will use when creating your containers. The length of the box is the longest side when looking at it from the top.How do you measure box size? ›
- Measure the length of the box first. This is the long side of the box on the side of the longest flap.
- Next, turn the box 90 degrees and measure the width, which is the side with the shorter flap.
- Last, measure the height of the package.
All box dimensions are written as length x width x height. For example, 14" x 11" x 4" means 14" (L) x 11" (W) x 4" (H)".How big of a box can I send? ›
The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. USPS Retail Ground pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices). Regardless of the size of the mailpiece, the maximum mailable weight of any mailpiece is 70 pounds.
Can I use USPS box for Amazon FBA? ›
While for FBA shipments, you can use any box, used, new, etc, with FBM you ship directly to the customer, so you need to use a new box that's either plain or from USPS.Can a box be too small for shipping? ›
What is the Smallest Package USPS Will Ship? According to USPS, the minimum package size is at least 6 inches in length, 3 inches in height, 1/4 of an inch in thickness, or 6 x 3 x 0.25. This regulation means that the size and height of your package box should be at least 6 inches in length and 3 inches in height.What is small size Amazon FBA? ›
FBA Small and Light product eligibility
To be eligible for FBA Small and Light, your products must meet the following criteria: Measure 18 x 14 x 8 inches or less. Weigh 3 lb or less. Priced at $10 or less.
When customers shop using the Amazon app, they'll get an automatically generated size recommendation for the items they view. The recommendation is based on previous purchases, returns, and even items customers didn't like.Does shipping cost depend on box size? ›
All major carriers use a pricing technique called dimensional weight (also called DIM weight) to calculate shipping rates. Dimensional weight takes into account the size of a package to determine the shipping cost.Is it cheaper to ship 2 medium boxes or 1 large box? ›
If possible, it's often better to ship two smaller boxes rather than one large, heavy box. This will spread the weight of your cargo over two smaller parcels, which can significantly reduce your shipping costs especially if the large box would qualify for large or oversized pricing.Does shipping a box go by weight or size? ›
If your package is heavy or small, you don't need to worry about dimensional weight. You'll pay for USPS shipping (or shipping with other carriers) based solely on the actual package weight. However, if you ship something relatively light in a large box, you may pay more than you expected.What do I do if my box is too big for shipping? ›
When your box is too big for the items you're shipping, you may find it best to cut the box to size. Recycling boxes and making minor customizations is a great way to reduce and reuse materials, while also saving tons of treasAAaarrr!What is considered an oversized box for shipping? ›
The United States Postal Service considers a package oversized when it measures more than 108” in combined length and girth, but does not exceed 130”. Regardless of the size of the package, it should not weigh more than 70 pounds.What boxes are acceptable for shipping? ›
The Box. Choose a box with enough room for cushioning material around the contents. Sturdy paperboard or corrugated fiberboard boxes are best for weights up to 10 pounds. If you are reusing a box, totally remove or obliterate all previous labels and markings with heavy black marker.
How does Amazon list dimensions? ›
Amazon sizes, for example, are stated in the conventional format for measurements: length x width x height.What box size means? ›
Before you can begin measuring your box dimensions, it's important to first understand what box dimensions refer to. Box dimensions include the box's length, width and height (depth). Length is always the longest part of the box that has a flap attached at the top or the bottom to secure your packaged goods.Can I measure a box with my phone? ›
Moasure App is a digital tape measure app that lets you measure package dimensions up to 100 m by moving your smartphone from one point of the box to another. It can be downloaded both on iOS and Android.What is a standard size shipping box? ›
Small — Measure around 16" x 12" x 12". These are ideal for packing things like books, CDs and DVDs, and kitchen gadgets. Medium — Measure around 18" x 16" x 18" and are great for things like towels and decorative items. Large — Measure around 18" x 18" x 24.What are the three dimensions of a box? ›
The size of a corrugated box is always expressed by three dimensions: length, width, and depth, or L x W x D. Length is always the longest side of the box that has a flap.What is considered length Width and height on box? ›
For a standard box, length is considered the longer of the 2 sides, width is considered the shorter of the 2 sides and the height is the vertical measurement from top to bottom.Does USPS care about package dimensions? ›
Maximum Parcel Size
Pieces going to a domestic location may not measure more than 108 inches in length and girth combined. USPS Retail Ground® mailpieces are an exception; they may not measure more than 130 inches in length and girth combined.
USPS and UPS both have automated systems to verify that your package details align with what you entered when you made your label, and outer dimensions are one of the items they verify (along with weight, and the type of packaging you use).What is the largest size box I can ship UPS? ›
- Packages can be up to 150 lbs.
- Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined.
- Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.
- Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.
When you ship your bundles and multi-packs into Amazon FBA, it's important that they all be packaged together as a single unit. If you just ship your items in separately, Amazon won't know what to do with them when they arrive at the warehouse.
What boxes can I use for Amazon seller? ›
- Regular slotted carton.
- B flute.
- ECT-32 (edge crush test)
- 200BH (burst strength)
Amazon requires FBA shipments to be package in boxes, not plastic packages or envelopes.What happens if a box is too big for PO box? ›
If it does not fit, USPS will leave a notice inside the PO Box.What is the cheapest size box to ship? ›
Parcel shipping (UPS or FedEx)
|Box Size||UPS Ground|
You can use their flat-rate boxes for products weighing less than 70 pounds. USPS offers small, medium, and large flat rate boxes; the bigger the box, the higher your shipping price.How can I increase my FBA limit? ›
Improve Your IPI Score
It is a function of your sell-through rate, in-stock inventory, stranded inventory, and excess inventory. By improving your IPI score, you can get in the good books of Amazon and boost your FBA restock limit. Focus on keeping your sell-through rate high. Only stock products that sell well.
To ensure that maximum customers benefit from our selection and prices, sometimes we limit quantities for certain items. We notify when such limits apply when you add quantities to your cart. During checkout, quantities are sometimes adjusted to reflect your recent purchases of a quantity-limited item.Is there a minimum quantity for FBA? ›
With Amazon FBA, there are no minimum shipment quantities. Sellers are free to fulfill any order quantity that a customer wants, without being penalized. This allows your business to grow more quickly, giving you an edge on the market.What are the requirements for FBA small and Light 2023? ›
To be eligible, your products to be eligible for FBA Small and Light, it has to tick three main boxes: It has to weigh 3 lb or less, measure under 18 x 14 x 8 inches or less, and be priced at $10 or less. What is this? On top of those key criteria, your product must not fall under Amazon's list of restricted items.How many items should you send to FBA? ›
However, you want to make sure that you are sending in small amounts of inventory. As little as one case per product can help you identify the overall Sell Through Rate. There is no minimum for sending inventory into Amazon FBA. So it is possible to test as little as one unit at a time to test products on Amazon.
How many items can I send to FBA? ›
If you have an Individual Seller Account, your storage limit is 10 cubic feet. That means how much product you send to Amazon is entirely dependent on the size of your product. The bigger the item you're selling, the less of that item you can store.What is considered oversize FBA? ›
Oversized Items Fulfillment Fees
Amazon classifies items as oversized when the dimensions exceed 70 lb or less. Oversized items fall into different subcategories; they are either small, medium, large, or special oversize. For non-apparel goods that fall under small oversize have a shipping weight of 70 lbs or less.
Because Amazon clothing can come from all over the world, you can't always rely on your usual US standard of a size 8 or a size medium. Some of the clothes we've featured in our guides are very true to American sizes, and others are so different that we're encouraging people to buy two or three sizes up.What is an oversized box for Amazon? ›
Boxes containing multiple standard-size units cannot exceed 63.5 cm. Oversized units can only exceed this limit if the unit itself measures more than 63.5 cm in one or more dimensions. Oversized units that are found in excessively large boxes (more than 5 cm of padding per side) may still be subject to penalties."Can I ship a box with logos on it? ›
Reused packaging and boxes are only acceptable when all markings and labels are removed or completely blotted out.What are the guidelines for Amazon cartons? ›
Amazon Shipping Carton Requirements
You have to make sure your shipping cartons meet these requirements. They must not weigh more than 50 pounds, cannot exceed 25 inches on any side and for partnered carrier shipments a maximum of 200 units per carton and 500 units per carton for non-partnered carrier shipments.
For Easy-Ship or Self-Ship, you can purchase Amazon packing material to wrap your products or you can also use your own packing material. As an Amazon.in seller, you have the opportunity to wrap your products in the world-renowned Amazon branded packaging, taking a step towards a great customer experience.Do you need original box for Amazon? ›
Products must be returned in new and unworn condition, with all original packaging, tags, and certificates of authenticity. Any products returned without their original packaging and documentation will be rejected.What size box is considered oversized? ›
The United States Postal Service considers a package oversized when it measures more than 108” in combined length and girth, but does not exceed 130”. Regardless of the size of the package, it should not weigh more than 70 pounds.What is considered a large box? ›
Large boxes (18 x 18 x 24 inches or 4.5 cubic feet): Made for bulkier items such as comforters, pillows, linens, vases, large dishes, board games and more. Extra large boxes (22 x 22 x 21.5 inches): Bulky items like large pillows, towels and blankets.
What is the biggest box that can be shipped? ›
The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. USPS Retail Ground pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices). Regardless of the size of the mailpiece, the maximum mailable weight of any mailpiece is 70 pounds.Can I ship in any box? ›
Use a sturdy box with enough room to add cushioning for fragile items and to prevent items from shifting. If you're reusing a box, make sure all old logos, shipping labels, and addresses are covered or blacked out.Can I ship directly from Alibaba to Amazon FBA? ›
The next most important question that many people have is “Can I ship directly from Alibaba to Amazon FBA?” Yes, you can have your orders shipped to an Amazon FBA warehouse. You must also take into account shipping costs from Alibaba to Amazon FBA.